Classes for this course are shared with those of the undergraduate version of the course.
In addition to classes, the MSc version of the course has a reading group on more advanced topics. This is intended to provide a venue to explore ideas for writing a research-focused essay.
MSc reading group
The reading group meets every 2 weeks. Readings are chosen in consultation with the MSc students. This year, we are reading:
- Essays drafts from M. Colombo and M. Sprevak, (Eds.) Routledge Handbook to the Computational Mind, forthcoming.
- Chapter 8 of D. J. Chalmers. The Conscious Mind. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1996.
In recent years, we have read chapters from:
- G. Piccinini. The Nature of Computation. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2015.
- R. Sun, (Ed). Cambridge Handbook of Computational Psychology. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2008.
- S. Russell and P. Norvig. Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach. Pearson, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 3rd edition, 2010.
- P. S. Churchland and T. J. Sejnowski. The Computational Brain. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1992.